Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
All from http://www.dumblaws.com/
Dumb Laws in Maryland....
- Oral sex can not be given or received anywhere.
- Thistles may not grow in one’s yard.
- It’s illegal to throw bales of hay from a second-story window within the city limits.
- It’s illegal to take a lion to the movies. (Who took a lion to a movie to prompt this law?)
- It is a park rule violation to be in a public park with a sleeveless shirt. (Were they trying to make it harder to work on our tans?)
- No person who is a “tramp” or “vagrant” shall loiter in any park at any time. (Um.....where are the police at in Dundalk for this one...oh that's right half the neighborhood would be behind bars)
- It is a violation of city code to sell chicks or ducklings to a minor within 1 week of the Easter holiday. (Ya know, I kinda agree with this one but how about to adults too. These types of animals take a lot of work)
- Though you may spit on a city roadway, spitting on city sidewalks is prohibited.
- You may not curse inside the city limits. (I guess for both of these laws there's not enough paper in the world to write the amount of tickets needed)
- It is illegal to use profane language on a playground. (I get this one no one wants their kids to be exposed to that on the playground)
- Knocking stones into a public park is prohibited. (huh? Don't most parks already have stones and rocks in them?)
- Persons may not swear while on the highway. (Ok, so our we putting recorders in the cars to find this out?)
- It is illegal to remove a public building by writing on it. (Is this just trying to saw graffiti is illegal?)
- Citizens may not swim in the public fountains within the city limits. (Well this would seem line common sense)
DUMB: Stealing a car. DUMBER: Stealing a city bus. DUMBERER: Stealing a city bus, driving the bus on its route and picking up passengers.
FERN PARK, Fla. (AP) — A 15-year-old boy was sentenced Monday to four years in a juvenile-treatment program after deputies stopped him while driving a stolen bus along a public transit route, picking up passengers and collecting fares.
A judge also sentenced Ritchie Calvin Davis to an additional four months in a treatment program for trespassing and theft linked to an unrelated break-in at a United Way office, the Orlando Sentinel reported for Tuesday editions.
Davis also lost his driving privileges for a year, though he doesn’t have a driver’s license. The sentence means he won’t be able to drive for a year after getting a permit or license.
Damn you Fern Park, Fla. How dare you destroy a child’s dream of wanting to be a bus driver! Does this mean you’ll start arresting kids who play Cops and Robbers for impersonating a police officer?
But does the punishment fit the crime, especially for a repeat offender? Taking away someone’s license who doesn’t have one to begin with is like placing a homeless man under house arrest.
But like a fine Vanessa Williams song, we’ve saved the best for last: he’s been convicted of the same crime. This is the second time he was caught stealing a city bus and driving its route, except the first time he had a fake license. Most kids use fake licenses to buy beer and get into adult places; this kid uses his to do a civil service job. Even juve hall has to have a class nerd.
April 10, 2008 @ 12:36 am · Filed under Uncategorized
Drunk driving is never a joke. In this case, it’s mildly humorous.
According to the AP, a woman drove drunk to a police station.
She actually works at the state police officer as a cleaning woman. Well, not anymore.
She also drove to work drunk with her 12-year-old son making their first driving lesson all the more awkward.
I remember this one happening....I can't believe that there are cops out there that are that ignorant.
May 22, 2006 @ 6:57 am · Filed under Corrupt Cops
Maryland apparently has their own brand of protecting and serving.
WBAL-TV 11 News I-Team reporter David Collins said Joshua Kelly and Llara Brook, of Chantilly, Va., got lost leaving an Orioles game on Saturday. Collins reported a city officer arrested them for trespassing on a public street while they were asking for directions .
“In jail for eight hours — sleeping on a concrete floor next to a toilet,” Kelly said.
Hopelessly lost, relief melted away concerns after they spotted a police vehicle.
“I said, ‘Thank goodness, could you please get us to 95?” Kelly said.
“The first thing that she said to us was no — you just ran that stop sign, pull over,” Brook said. “It wasn’t a big deal. We’ll pay the stop sign violation, but can we have directions?”
“What she said was ‘You found your own way in here, you can find your own way out.’” Kelly said.
Collins said the couple spotted another police vehicle and flagged that officer down for directions. But Officer Natalie Preston, a six-year veteran of the force, intervened.
“That really threw us for a loop when she stepped in between our cars,” Kelly said. “(She) said my partner is not going to step in front of me and tell you directions if I’m not.”
And adding insult to injury:
Collins said the couple was released from jail without being charged with anything…
Collins said police left Kelly’s car unlocked and the windows down at the impound lot. He reported a cell phone charger, pair of sunglasses and 20 CDs were stolen.
Baltimore City police said they are looking into the incident.
Welcome to Baltimore.
November 22, 2005 @ 11:50 pm · Filed under News Links
When a Highway Patrol officer was making a routine traffic stop, he discovered two dummies inside the vehicle. But only one was human. The somewhat clever dumb criminal was driving in a carpool lane with a kickboxing dummy in his passenger seat. According to polive, officers patrolling the HOV lanes position themselves at the bottom of inclines, which allows them to see into approaching vehicles. Officers used this vantage point to discover an unusual detail about the other occupant of this criminal’s car: the passenger had no legs. The officer drove after the vehicle and ordered the driver to pull over. When he peered into the window, he saw a seat-belted and well-dressed dummy. The officer removed the dummy from the car and placed it on the side of the freeway, to the amusement of passing drivers. The driver was given a hefty citation, and his dummy was confiscated.
September 7, 2005 @ 7:51 pm · Filed under Cars
It’s a small world after all, it’s a small world after all, it’s a small world after all…
Getting annoyed already? Well, you’re not alone, and neither is this next dumb criminal. Police in West Hartford, Conn., arrested the 46-year-old man on August 21 after he threatened to castrate an ice cream truck driver. According to Sgt. Jeff Rose of the West Hartford Police Department, the truck was making its way through a residential street when Flynn suddenly ran out of his house and planted himself in front of the slow-moving vehicle. Flynn was allegedly holding a pair of hedge clippers that he waved at the 17-year-old driver. He ordered the driver to turn off the truck’s jingle and to leave the area. “The truck was playing ‘It’s a Small World,’” Rose said. “[Flynn] later told us he hates ice cream truck music.” As the driver drove away, Flynn ran alongside the truck and made cutting motions with his hedge clippers. Flynn was later arrested and charged with threatening and breach of peace. He was released on $500 bond.___________________________________________________________________
Got to love the intelligence of people....
A car was driving by, going south bound on California Ave. The driver honked, so naturally I looked and I saw the passenger flicking me off. Naturally pride comes into play here so they were pulled over by the police. The driver asked what was the reason for the stop, and it was explained to him the passenger made an illegal arm signal as ordinance states all hand signals shall be done from the drivers side window (referring to turning, stopping slowing hand signals). Then they asked the passenger for identification to write him the citation, while doing so, I checked him for warrants, and he was wanted for armed robbery on the West Coast. He then was arrested and extradited back to California.
Just goes to show technology can be an asset..
May 9, 2005 @ 12:16 am · Filed under Robberies
In the Detroit area, two patrol officers went into a neighborhood to show children the new computer equipment they had. R. C. Gaitlin, 21, was also curious. When he asked how the system work, the officers asked him for some identification. After turning over his driver’s license, Gaitlin was quickly arrested. The computer showed that he was wanted for a two year old armed robbery.
Good thinking on the clerks part.....
May 9, 2005 @ 12:16 am · Filed under Robberies
An 18-year-old man was charged with robbing a 7-11. When he walked in, pulled a gun a demanded money, the employee didn’t panic. She calmly said, “I don’t think you’re old enough to be robbing us. Don’t you have to be at least 16?” The thief then proceeded to pull out his wallet and showed the clerk his driver’s license. The clerk quickly memorized the information on the license, than gave the thief the money. The cops arrested the robber at his home.
Thants all for today kiddies....Ill update soon!
Monday, September 22, 2008
i figured Id give an update.....School did not happen for me today and I went back to the doctors. I was given a pain killer cause my face still hurts but thankfully the stuff is slowly oozing out now...about 8 this morning while on the phone with my friend Nicki, I had a hot compress to my face, and I felt something funny so I pulled the cloth away and saw something green, so I went to the bath room...and i looked like Snot had exploded in my nose, turns out one of my bumps had finally burst and the pain has subsided some but not a whole lot.....Im allowed to return to school Wednesday so yippee!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
So funny things that have happened:
1. I couldn't figure out why one of my students kept calling me Mrs. Hickey, I explained to her that I'm not married so I'm a Ms. but she insisted that I was married....so I asked to who, and she said "that guy that picked you when you left half a day", that guy is one of my classmates, and there's NO way I'd even date him let alone marry him!
2. My kids watch way too much TV and here's why: While going over vocabulary for a story they would be reading one of the vocabulary words was diet. One kid busts out with: Diets dont work, and right after that kid two says: But weight watchers does!
I nearly peed myself when they said that! lol
3. These kids also like to repeat things that their parents say, during that same Vocab lesson one of their vocabulary words was Dairy, and so my mentor teacher was getting the studnets to label foods that go in the dairy group. One of the little girls said: "I know cheese is good for you but if you too much of it, it can really bind you up!" I was nearly on the floor with that one....I mean who expects to hear a second grader to say! lol
My Students are also really sweet!
1. One little boy always asks me and my mentor teacher if theres anything he can do before he leaves to go home.
2. After I picked up the students from gym one day I felt a poke on my stomach, I looked down to scold the culprit, to find that this little was giving me the sticker she had earned that day!
3. Most of the time the students will congratulate each other for a job well done, which is so endearing and a great way to build up a closeness between the students!
Well I have lots to do in order to be prepared for tomorrow and the following day so If I think of anything else Ill let ya know!
P.S. HI DAWN!!!!! :-D