Friday, December 10, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
its amzing how their minds work
i dont get it. they want you to be a 2010 working mom, but a 1950's housewife at the same time
just frustrated....because we've been going to this marriage seminar and I feel like all its done is given him permission not to help out unless he's asked to....its like he tuned out the part that said...hey you help out without being asked your more likely to get some....if you take some of the weight off your wife's shoulders, shes less drained and more likely to put out! Not a hard concept...especially if you wanna get lucky...Im more willing to put out if I dont have to nag you to do shit around the apt....seems pretty easy to get....but I guess its not...Ok maybe Im still pretty pissed....but I feel alittle better now...
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Japanese lore suggests that if you fold 1,000 paper cranes, your wish will come true. What would your wish be, and what would you be willing to do 1,000 times to get it?
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
What's the first thing that pops into your mind when you think of your father?
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Saturday, April 10, 2010
We had a 3 day heat wave...hence the shorts!
So when I look at a picture Im not as big as I think I am....but I already feel huge...
Sunday, March 14, 2010
10. As an infant I turned 2 months old in the hospital, I had bacterial spinal menagitis. To drs and my family, I am a mircale child, because for being so little I should not have survived. My parents were and still are realitively over protective of me because of this....and until recently I did not understand why. After I healed from that, I havent had an IV in me until this past recent hosptial visit.
9. During my senior year of high school I was a cheerleader for the winter season. Which was always ironic to me and my family because I always made fun of cheerleaders....needless to say...when college is on the line youll try just about anything to get the scholarships. I also played on the badmittion team....my best friend at the time and I were actually pretty good.
8. I like to cross-stitch, especially when Im feeling anxious because it gives my mind something to focus on other than the fact I cant seem to calm down.
7. I can cook, I dont always like or want to though. My husband recently said he married me under false pretenses because I always claimed that I couldnt....well, to be honest I never realised I could until I started....and for the most part most of what I make turns out pretty good...even though I only know a few easy recipes...
6. Ive struggled with my weight and self esteem for most of my life. In high school, I was probably boardline anorxic, I would only eat dinner because we ate as a family and my parents would realise something was up if I didnt eat. I thought I was fat and over weight for my height and age at the time, though looking back on those pictures I wish I could go back to being that tiny again. Once this little guy makes his appearance I am going to bust my butt ti get back into shape...this time without starving myself. As far as my selfesteem goes, I put on a pretty good front for my friends, but as I look back I realised had I had the high self esteem I thought I had, or wanted my friends and family to think I had I never would have stayed with the asshole for as long as I did...My husband has helped and still works to help me see my self worth.
5. Speaking of the asshole, another reason why I stayed with him for as long as I did was because I felt I had no where to go. The month before he kicked me out, I finally started putting together a plan to get out of that unhealthly relationship, with the help of my husband. I realise now all I had to do was to go back to my parents and apologize....but I did not see that then.
4. I have a hard time trusting people and my instincts. Alot of this stems from friend choices Ive made, and instead of standing up for myself Ive allowed them to walk all over me. Recently Ive begun to trust myself again, and to stand up for myself. I know I may not always be the best friend a person could have, but I usually do my best and if I feel Ive been slighted, I try to talk it out with the person first.
3. My best friend and I did not start out on the best of terms, lol. When Aimee and I met it was like mixing oil and water. After having the same guy break our hearts at seperate times, I got over myself and apologised for being a bitch towards her, and we hit off...whats funny is our friend Kayhla also dated this same guy and now the 3 of us girls are all very close friends.
2. My best friend from childhood, Jen, and I lost contact with each our jr year of high school, mainly because I ratted her out to her parents that she was dating a guy that she had been forbidden to date, in an effort to distract my parents from punishing me for a seperate offense(which didnt work)...Our freshman year of college I wrote her a letter apologizing for that, and we began working on becoming friends again.
1. Alcoholism runs on my fathers side of the family. For this reason and this reason alone, I am very careful about my alcohol consumption, though on occassion I drink alittle too much, I generally just want to be left alone so I can sleep. My father, though I dont believe he was an alcoholic, when I was little he was an angry drinker. The last time he's every hit me, I was 12 and he left a bruise on my leg....he's never hit me since, and my mom took me and my sister and left overnight and went to a hotel. When we came back he seemed to snap out of it, and did not drink for a very long time.
and thats 10 things about me.....though I had struggle with stuff you may not have known about me lol.....
Sunday, March 7, 2010
No denying it we're having a boy!!!!
Saturday, we had the bike club over I cleaned the apartment from 8am till 1:30 pm....I take some breaks thats why it took so long......then we went ice skating with the club for our club brothers foster daughters birthday....Well dan ice skated I sat and laughed at them....about an 1hr into it I started feeling really sick.....came home, had diahrea.....went to sleep, woke up threw up, got diahrea again, then my stomach starting cramping and hurting, drank some water threw it up, got diahrea again....so because of the pain and not being able to keep fluids down Dan took me to the ER 2:30 in the morning.....I didnt get seen till 4:30am, they hooked me up to an IV and gave me fluids and zofran.....just as they were about to release me, my stomach starting hurting again, so they gave me what I thought was more zofran.....nope Reglan.....which Im allergic to evidently, and it caused me to have the mother of all anxiety attacks....I freaked out! I pulled the pressure cuff, and pulse ox thing off....and I was begging them to take my IV out and let me go home.....evidently I was screaming, kicking, and hit Dan pretty hard when he was trying to keep me in my bed, finally they gave me benadryll and once that kicked in I was pretty exhausted and apologetic.....I gave Dan quite a scare though.....to be honest, I remember bits and pieces of what happened....but I dont remember hitting Dan, he said I slugged him pretty hard....that I hit as hard as a man at that point in time. My arm where the iv was is pretty sore though :-(.....Dan called my parents and they came up...as did his mom.....I was given 3 more bags of fluids before being released.....and now im home...my chest hurts, my arm hurts, so we'll see how I feel tomorrow....so far ive kept rice down, and crackers....and im hoping this bake potato i just ate stays put....
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Its not fair....She would have turned 26 today....her and Mike were trying to have a baby...and I have idiot friends saying that they think she committed sucide because of her Fibromyalgia....I didnt know Shelli very well but what I do know of her, is that she was not the type of person to be so selfish as to do such a thing....She wouldnt do that to Mike.
My heart breaks for him.....I cant imagine, loosing my bestfriend, my husband....Im actually angry that anyone would suggest she killed herself.....
Ive been struggling with it all day....like to the point, where my depression is acting up.....
I dunno....its been crazy....
Also I just had a panic attack over the fear my husband could possible not come home tonight like Shelli :-*(
Friday, February 19, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
16 wks and 2 days
In other news I am 16 weeks and 3 days pregnant.....unbelievable right? I feel like a cow already.... I feel like this is what I would want to look like at 40 wks not 16.....oh well....today I actually felt bumps from the baby....I think either he or she is not thrilled that their Aunt Shannon is leaving the states for 13 months today....or really loved the trail mix grandpa sent over for mommy..... off to find some energy....
Monday, February 8, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
He looks so surprised! LOL
KKK Im gonna go curl up in a chair watch some tv and wait for dan to come home!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
14 wks and 1 day
I am now 14 weeks and 2 days along in this pregnancy....Occasionally....Ill feel bubbles or flutters...usually on days when im not thrilled about being pregnant and it makes me feel special that my little one knows when momma's spirits need to be lifted and reminded about what an important task Ive undertaken....
In other news....Dan and I move into our apartment in 5 days! I cannot wait! I know we are forever indebted to the Wiggins who have been so kind to open up their house to us while in this in between stage....But Im ready to be able to spread out....and be close to my friends and family once again!
Once we get settled into our new place....Im having a girls evening at the apartment, so my friends with kids, and who are preggo can all come out and not worry about babysitters or being out too late and getting tired...thought right now its looking like it may be a girls afternoon on a sunday.....
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
We move in on Feb. 1!!!!!!
Yesterday I had my first offical ob appt. which the internal exam sucked big time! But we heard the babys heart beat for the first time and it was surreal...i almost asked if she was sure that was the babys heartbeat lol, Baby Artes has a strong heart beat though!
I go back Feb. 19th for my next appt!
SO thats all for now!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
We were able to see the heart beat too! that was the coolest ever! to see its little heart working already!!!
We also got to see the the blood flow, I think that was to see the connection of umblical cord, which was pretty cool.
My little sister left yesterday to go to Texas for the 6 weeks, and after that she will go to West Africa with Mercy Ships. She was very grateful for the sonogram picture we gave her.
Dan and I also looked at an apartment yesterday, alittle out of our price range that we were considering but it was very nice! Monday we are going to look at another complex that is more within our reach we think.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
ok...being preggo makes you very tired so no more writing for now lol