Monday, February 2, 2009

Interesting Observsation

I manage to become friends with my ex's girlfriends /wives or ex-girlfriends. I find this to be unusual. Two of the guys that hurt me the most I have become friends with their girls...or ex girls....One is Aimee....granted Rob was my best friend, and I was not Aimee's biggest fan in the beginning. When he broke up with her I was just accepting the fact that, that fall they would be married and I would be a bridesmaid in that wedding (hoping to be able to keep my mouth shut during the "speak now or forever hold your peace" part. I know, I know not my proudest moment, but what can I say I was only 17!). I was secretly glad/happy/giddy when they did break up....which was most evident to my parents...who knew, even though I did my best to conceal it, that I was head over heels infatuated with him. Little did I know that within a year, he would destroy all the unfounded trust I had in him (and in men in general), destroy our friendship, and break my heart. My world was unsteady as it was due to graduation from high school and moving away to college and for so long he represented stability in my life and with him gone I was lost. But while being lost I realized how lousy of a teenager I really had been. I was a major brat when it came to how I treated Aimee...in fact saying I was a brat is an understatement. I wrote her a letter and apologized for my behavior and said something along the lines of now understanding her pain. Aimee contacted me....and since we have been close friends...she is the big sister I have never had and I can not imagine going through some of what I have gone through without her support. After she moved to Texas, I felt like a family member had moved away, in fact I grieved more for her moving than I did my own Aunt and cousins moving to GA. Through Aimee I met Val...who at first intimidated me, but soon I knew that she was a great friend to have! Through Val I met Dawn and her husband and her adorable 2 children!

Also out of the loss of the relationship with I gained many more friends. I contacted Kay because of a nasty email I sent her because I was trying to stick up for Rob...and wasn't given all of the facts and being so young I did not even try to seek out all of the facts. Kay was very kind and quickly forgave me. She is one of the bravest, strongest women I know! Kayhla and I became fast friends and through her I met Nicki. Nicki and I bonded over our love of music and addiction to Karaoke ...well my addiction to Karaoke was born because of Nicki's and through her brother Wayne's encouragement. Through Nicki I met Pancake who has been a source of encouragement with school.

Then there is Anthony. I am now friends with his wife Stephanie....so far we are not close....but we have hung out before and I can see why Anthony never let me meet her....because I would have seen that they had a thing for each other. But she is very nice and I believe over time we will be good friends. I also have Sarah to thank for that...because had my friend Sarah not drug me out of the house one night along with her and Steph I would not have met Steph.

Anyway....I guess there really wasnt a point to this just felt like writing because I thought it is strange that the majority of the people I am friends with now resulted of bad relationships.

No comments:

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers