Sunday, January 25, 2009

So I never

Really made resolutions for the new year....

  1. I want to lose about 20-30lbs this year. I know I am not obese but with the risk of diabetes in my family and always having been petite in the past carrying all this extra weight really sucks big time.
  2. I am determined to graduate this spring....No matter what I have to do to get there.
  3. I need to find a job....substituting, retail, something during this semester....just going to school will not cut it anymore.
  4. I will get a teaching job in the fall......hopefully in balto. co. or AA CO.
  5. I will buy a car this year! I dont care if it is new, I just need something of my own that runs.
  6. I will make more of an effort to hang out with my friends this semester now that I am not student teaching.
  7. I will keep my appointments with my counselor and psychiatrist because I am finally on a medication that is working for me! ( Like I survived PMS without any major breakdowns, or being extremely clingy with Bobby)
  8. I will go to church more often...it may not happen every Sunday....but going to church and my faith was always a huge part of who I am, and since not going I have lost a part of myself. I may have to find a new church though because of my sisters behavior.
  9. I will try to spend more time with my family.
  10. I will not sweat the small stuff and I will remind myself...that it is all small stuff!
  11. I will be more discerning when it comes to people I trust.
  12. I will do my best to curb my jealousy of those who are getting married and having babies. (Though this will be a tough one)
  13. I will make a mental note of when I would like to be engaged by and if that date comes and goes then I know that it may be time for me to move on and try to find someone who is actually interested in being married and having a real relationship.
  14. I will do my best to continue to make my wishes known to Bobby about how important it is to me for him to make nice with my family. Especially if he wants to marry me someday.
  15. I will make it clear to my sister that I will not tolerate her bullying me into doing things as she sees fit. Just because she does not agree with how I live my life DOES NOT give her the right to yell and scream at me. Nor to make derogatory comments to me, about me or Bobby. Especially considering everything him and I have done for her in the past.
  16. I will pick my battles carefully, but with the battles I do choose to fight I will NOT back down nor apologize for how I feel.
  17. I will remind myself of the character pledge at Mars Estates because it is a great way to remind myself to start each day as a new day: Today is a new day I let go of yesterday and any mistakes I may have made. I am lovable and capable. I have unlimited potential. I will do my best today so that others may also do their best.
  18. I will make time for myself. To do things that I like to do every single day.
  19. I will remind myself, I am not the same person I was in high school or while I attended CCBC Dundalk and even though I liked parts of that girl/young woman and didnt like others it is alright that I am not her. I will remind myself I had troubles during that time too and life was not necessarily easier than.
  20. I will set a goal for myself every day no matter how simple and will consider my day a sucess as long as I attain that goal. I will also set a weekly goal and as long as that goal is met I will consider my week a sucessful week.
Wow! I wrote an aweful lot. But this is what I want to attatin this year...so heres hoping I get some of it done :-)

No comments:

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers